- In the main (Root) folder of StarTap is the Recycle Bin. It's operation is generally familiar: Any shortcuts that you delete don't actually disappear. Instead, they're moved in here. To get them back, just tap on Recycle Bin, and it will open as a folder. Find the missing Shortcut, and cut and paste it back to where it should be.
- When you know that you don't want any of the junk that's lurking in here, Empty the Recycle Bin (and compact the Shortcut database) by Deleting it. Just tap on Delete, then on the Recycle Bin.
- A Dialog Box will ask you if you intend to Empty the Recycle Bin, or actually Delete it. Just click on Empty, and you're done.
- If you have no use for the Recycle Bin, and it's just taking up space, then select Delete from that same dialog, and it will disappear from your desktop. In this case, you should Compact the database from time to time. The Shortcuts that you've deleted may not be accessible through the Recycle Bin, but they're still taking up space!
- In the Menu, select File / Buttons / Compact, and the wasted space in the Button file will be reclaimed.