- All of the Shortcuts that you create with StarTap are stored in the "Button file," called "StarTap.Btn." There are several functions available to make this file easier to manage, and these are found in the Menu, under File / Buttons:
- Backup creates a copy of your current Button file.
- Restore replaces your current Buttons with the version that was Backed Up earlier.
- Compact performs the same function as emptying the Recycle Bin. It removes the wasted space in the current Button file.
- Delete gets rid of your current Buttons. This is a major step. Don't take it lightly! If you have not created a Backup of your file, then Delete will, before it erases the current Buttons. If you want the old ones back, do Restore. It will not write over any Backup that you have created.
- Create allows you to recreate the 7 "Special" Shortcuts that StarTap creates when it is first run on your machine: Control Panel, Explorer, Recycle Bin, Tasks, Clock / Calendar, Toolbar, and RegEdit. Most of these Shortcuts can be deleted just like any other. If StarTap won't delete the shortcut, drag it into the Recycle Bin. If you change your mind, you can always Create them again.