- One of the functions that can be assigned to the StarBar Icon functions is Ins Phrase. If you'd like to be able to quickly insert stock items of text into documents, this is the way to go. Your email address, the address of a favorite web page, your name, physical address, you name it, can all be stored in the Phrase Inserter and pasted into a document with just a couple of taps.
- Activating the function brings up a small window, initially blank, with a ToolBar at the top. Select New to enter a new phrase. Enter the phrase into the lower edit box (you can also use cut & paste). In the upper box, you can either give it a specific title, or let StarTap just use the beginning of the phrase as a title, by leaving it blank.
- To organize your phrases sensibly, use New Folder to create a folder, and then use Cut and Paste to move a phrase into it. Sorry, you can only move one phrase at a time, right now.
- Delete will get rid of a phrase or folder, and Properties allows you to edit existing entries. Note that when you delete a folder that still has phrases in it, they will be moved into the current folder.
- The entries in this box are activated by just a single tap. Tap on a folder to open it, tap on the Parent folder to go up a level, and tap on a phrase to insert it into the currently open document.
- The Insert, Delete, Properties and Cut buttons in the ToolBar work just the same as they do on StarTap's desktop. Tap on Properties first, and then on the phrase that you want to edit.